It is our pleasure to announce that AfriGrowth Foundation (AGF) is currently receiving applications for its “Bring back the reading culture “Program for LEA primary schools. This program seeks to recruit experienced graduates AND undergraduates in the any profession who can fluently read English language to read children in communities.
Criteria for Selection
Candidates must be Nigerian by Nationality, must have recently graduated from an institution of higher learning and would have concluded or yet to be enrolled for National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). They must be resident in Abuja and be ready to:
- Work in line with the mission and vision of the Foundation
- Commit to the scheduled period assigned
- Commit to the Program’s guidelines
- Comply with the program evaluation process
Continue reading AFRIGROWTH FOUNDATION BRING BACK THE READING CULTURE PROGRAM 2017 CALL OUT FOR APPLICATIONS
Are you ready for a challenge? Brimming with Ideas and waiting for the opportunity to let them out? Then this is definitely for you. AfriGrowth Foundation Innovative Challenge is an avenue where Teenagers and Youths are given the opportunity to come up with creative ideas using technology to improve learning and education in Nigeria. The Challenge will encourage the development of apps, websites or online services that help achieve this.
Finalists will win the opportunity to develop and refine their ideas during a Nine week incubation period at partner incubation hubs. The focus will be on developing a service that can be implemented and replicated in Nigeria.
During this training, Finalist will learn how to:
- Conduct market research and develop a business plan.
- Create and test their ideas and develop business models.
- Develop business skills including public speaking, presentation, leadership and teamwork.
- Pitch to prospective investors.
- In order to qualify for the challenge, individuals must be between the ages of 16-35 years.
- Individuals will be judged on scalability, impact it has on learning and education, Innovation and creativity, uniqueness of idea and presentation.
How To Enter
- Come up with an innovative idea for improving literacy and education in Nigeria using Technology
- Complete the Application Form or Make a short video explaining your idea and upload it to a public platform (e.g. YouTube).
- Submit your application or send us the link to your video.
- 10 semifinalists will win entry into the AfriGrowth Foundation Forum, held in September 2016, with a VIP experience that includes interacting with potential funders, founders of incubation hubs and start up experts.
- 7 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their startup to a live audience and panel of esteemed judges, funders and media at the AfriGrowth Forum for a chance to win the incubation, development and implementation of their ideas.
- Mentorship: mentorship by individuals working for one of the technology companies in the Fortune 500 list.
- Media Feature: Media feature on African Independent Television (AIT).
Application for the AfriGrowth Foundation Innovative Challenge closes on July 29th 2016.
It was an exciting day for some pupils of L.E.A primary school Chika Abuja Nigeria as they were chosen to participate in the cardboard challenge which took place on the 22nd of April 2016 at L.E.A Primary school Chika Abuja Nigeria, organized by the Innovation
It was an exciting day for some pupils of L.E.A primary school Chika Abuja Nigeria as they were chosen to participate in the cardboard challenge which took place on the 22nd of April 2016 at L.E.A Primary school Chika Abuja Nigeria, organized by the Innovation Foundation and powered by AfriGrowth Foundation. The cardboard challenge was aimed at identifying the most creative ways to convert used cardboard boxes and paper to artful, playful toys that children can play with. The challenge being inspired by the story of a 9 year old boy who used old cardboard boxes to create his own version of an arcade, kids were encouraged to create their own play toys or spaces using old cardboard boxes and paper.
Read More Here