Are you ready for a challenge? Brimming with Ideas and waiting for the opportunity to let them out? Then this is definitely for you. AfriGrowth Foundation Innovative Challenge is an avenue where Teenagers and Youths are given the opportunity to come up with creative ideas using technology to improve learning and education in Nigeria. The Challenge will encourage the development of apps, websites or online services that help achieve this.
Finalists will win the opportunity to develop and refine their ideas during a Nine week incubation period at partner incubation hubs. The focus will be on developing a service that can be implemented and replicated in Nigeria.
During this training, Finalist will learn how to:
- Conduct market research and develop a business plan.
- Create and test their ideas and develop business models.
- Develop business skills including public speaking, presentation, leadership and teamwork.
- Pitch to prospective investors.
- In order to qualify for the challenge, individuals must be between the ages of 16-35 years.
- Individuals will be judged on scalability, impact it has on learning and education, Innovation and creativity, uniqueness of idea and presentation.
How To Enter
- Come up with an innovative idea for improving literacy and education in Nigeria using Technology
- Complete the Application Form or Make a short video explaining your idea and upload it to a public platform (e.g. YouTube).
- Submit your application or send us the link to your video.
- 10 semifinalists will win entry into the AfriGrowth Foundation Forum, held in September 2016, with a VIP experience that includes interacting with potential funders, founders of incubation hubs and start up experts.
- 7 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their startup to a live audience and panel of esteemed judges, funders and media at the AfriGrowth Forum for a chance to win the incubation, development and implementation of their ideas.
- Mentorship: mentorship by individuals working for one of the technology companies in the Fortune 500 list.
- Media Feature: Media feature on African Independent Television (AIT).
Application for the AfriGrowth Foundation Innovative Challenge closes on July 29th 2016.